Solar water pumps are becoming increasingly popular in India due to their low maintenance, durability, noise-free operation, and efficiency. They are highly demanded in the modern agriculture sector and are used to irrigate agricultural land and horticultural fields. This article will discuss India’s best 2HP solar water pumps.
Benefits of Solar Water Pump
- Solar water pumps are environmentally friendly as they do not require any fuel or grid electricity.
- They are more efficient than traditional electric pumps.
- They have low maintenance costs.
- They are durable and have a long lifespan.
- They can be used in remote areas where grid electricity is not available.
Types of Solar Water Pumps
There are two types of solar water pumps available in India:
- Submersible Pumps: These pumps draw water from a deep source such as a borewell. Solar submersible water pumps are the most preferable pumps in India as the water depth is very high in maximum areas.
- Surface Pumps: These pumps draw water from an external source such as a well or a pond. A solar surface pump is recommended if the water depth is 15 meters or less than 15 meters. It can easily lift the water to the ground or above the ground level.
The best 2HP solar water pump in India is the Tata Solar Water Pump. Tata is one of the trusted suppliers of solar water pumps in India. They provide both DC and AC range of solar water pumps. These pumps are also available at subsidized rates through the PM-Kusum scheme. Tata has installed approximately 50,000 solar water pumps across the nation now.
Price of Solar Water Pump
The price range of solar water pumps varies according to horsepower (HP), type, brand, rating, etc. The standard price range of solar water pumps in India from 1HP to 10HP starts from Rs. 87,000 to Rs.6 lakhs.
The price of the Tata Solar Water Pump may vary depending on the location and other factors.
What are the different types of 2HP solar water pumps available in India, and how do they differ in performance?
Two types of 2HP solar water pumps are available in India: submersible and surface pumps.
Submersible pumps draw water from a deep source, such as a borewell, while surface pumps draw water from an external source, such as a well or a pond. A solar surface pump is recommended if the water depth is 15 meters or less than 15 meters. It can easily lift the water to the ground or above the ground level.
In terms of performance, solar submersible water pumps are preferable in India as the water depth is very high in maximum areas.
Surface pumps are relatively small but powerful water pumps that lift shallow water.
What factors should be considered when selecting a 2HP solar water pump in India based on performance?
When selecting a 2HP solar water pump in India based on performance, there are several factors that should be taken into consideration. These factors will help ensure that the pump meets your specific needs and delivers optimal performance. Here are the key factors to consider:
- Type of Pump: There are two main types of solar water pumps available in India: submersible pumps and surface pumps. Submersible pumps are designed to draw water from deep sources such as borewells, while surface pumps are suitable for drawing water from shallow sources like wells or ponds. The choice of pump type should be based on the water source and depth in your specific location.
- Water Requirements: It’s essential to determine the amount of water you require for irrigation or other purposes. Consider factors such as the size of the land to be irrigated, crop water demands, and the frequency of water usage. The pump capacity should be selected accordingly to ensure it can meet the water requirements efficiently.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of a solar water pump is a crucial factor to consider. Higher efficiency means the pump can convert more sunlight into mechanical energy, resulting in better water pumping capacity. Solar submersible pumps are generally preferred in India due to the high water depth in many areas. However, surface pumps can be a suitable option for lifting shallow water.
- Price: The price range of solar water pumps can vary depending on factors such as brand, quality, features, and warranty. It’s important to set a budget and explore options that fit within that range. Consider the long-term cost-effectiveness of the pump, factoring in not only the initial investment but also maintenance and operational costs.
- Warranty: When investing in a solar water pump, it’s advisable to check the manufacturer’s warranty period. A longer warranty ensures that the manufacturer will cover any defects or issues with the pump during the specified period. It provides added peace of mind and protection for your investment.
- Subsidies: The Indian government offers subsidies on solar water pumps through schemes like the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM-Kusum). It’s important to check if any subsidies or incentives are available before purchasing a solar water pump. These subsidies can significantly reduce the overall cost, making the investment more affordable.
- Performance Specifications and Requirements: Consider the specific performance specifications and requirements of the solar water pump. Factors such as the duty cycle (the amount of time the pump will be operating), maximum flow rate, head height (the vertical distance the pump needs to lift water), and the required voltage should all be taken into account. Ensure that the selected pump can meet these specifications effectively.
- Reputation and Customer Reviews: Research and consider the reputation of the manufacturer or brand offering the solar water pump. Look for customer reviews and feedback to gauge the reliability, durability, and overall satisfaction of previous buyers. A reputable brand with positive reviews is more likely to provide a reliable and high-performance pump.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision when selecting a 2HP solar water pump in India based on its performance. Remember to assess the specific requirements of your location, evaluate the pump’s efficiency, consider the price and warranty, explore available subsidies, and ensure the pump aligns with your performance specifications. This comprehensive evaluation will help you choose the most suitable solar water pump for your needs.